Welcome to the Landforms WebQuest!
Have you ever been fishing at a lake or ridden the waves in the Atlantic Ocean? Have you ever hiked up a mountain or gone white water rafting? Maybe you've just ridden your bike down a steep hill in your backyard. If you've done any of these things, you've experienced first-hand the different forms that the land around you can take. In this webquest, you will become experts in geography as you study the earth's landforms and bodies of water.
With a partner, you will collect information from the web on a landform of your choice. You will become a geographical expert on your landform.
You and your partner will research your landform and then create a mystery Power Point Presentation. At the end of your presentation you will include 4 information slides.
Step 1: Take the Survey
Step 2: Choose a Landform
With a partner, you will collect information from the web on a landform of your choice. You will become a geographical expert on your landform. Choose from:
|Mountain||Plains, Grasslands, & Prairie|
Step 3: Research your Landform
- First you and your partner will go to the enchanted learning web site and investigate different landforms.
- You will then choose your landform and print out the activity sheet to use for your research.
- When you have completed the activity sheet you will show it to one of your teachers for a quick assessment.
- They will decide whether you can go on to the power point presentation or if you need more work on your activity sheet.
Step 4: Create your Presentation
- Enchanted learning landform
- Landforms of the World
- Types of Landforms
- Prairies, Grasslands, & Plains – Grassland Info 2
- Rivers Info
- Valley, Hills, Plains, and Plateaus
- Mountains (Alpine biome)
- Lakes & Ponds
- Desert - More On Deserts
- Great Pictures
Great Smoky Mountains
(need to attach rubric below)
Congratulations! You are now a geography expert! Not only have you learned a lot, but you have also created a slide show that can be used to teach others about landforms. Good job!