Our first week, post spring break, was filled with wonderful activities, learning, and growth. We continue to focus on learning for every student, every day, and we are fortunate to have a staff and parent community at Fontana that are student focused! Week 29 brought another batch of snow and warm weather! :) Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Our 6-8th grade students participated in a hand-on assembly with Mack Glass (pictured)and the staff that built the World's Tallest Glass Tree at Yerkes Observatory this past Holiday Season. Each student was shown safety measures around a flame, how to mold glass, and the importance of recycling. Every student completed a piece of glass work they were able to take home with them.
- We are excited to begin planning and promotion of our Second Annual Walk for Wellness on May 19th. Start time will be 12p on our last half-day of the school year. We will move our start/finish line to Duck Pond in planning to have a larger turn out for this important mental health awareness activity. Last year we raised $1800 (it costs $180 monthly for 1 person to get support) and our goal this year is to reach $2500 to help Bigger Than the Trail continue their great work in mental health advocacy and awareness. Sign up and more information coming soon.
- Calling all community members who are skilled in Podcasting. Fontana middle school has purchased and started our plans to launch our very own, student run, podcast. We would love community engagement and expertise as this will be our first podcast! Email email@example.com with any inquiry or questions. We hope to launch in the next few weeks!
- All students were sent home with Kringle fundraisers. This fundraiser is put on by our PTSO and will help support all the wonderful programming they facilitate at our school! Please consider supporting our PTSO as the deadline is approaching.
- This school year Fontana has placed a priority not only on our students learning goals, but ensuring that every student grows to their potential. We have had great success already in the last few months tracking, engaging, and supporting students to not only learn, but grow through excellence and focus on learning. Keep it up Falcons!
Have a great weekend Falcons and we look forward to a great start to April!!
Your Partners in Education