We have completed the 30th week of school for the 20/21 academic year. We continue to benefit from in person learning along with committed staff/students/families to make our school day successful. Spring has brought nicer weather, but we are still balancing inside/outside time with rain etc. Please have your falcon dressed/prepared for Wisconsin spring weather (anything is possible). Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Our community and surrounding area has seen an increase in COVID cases in the last two weeks. (2 positive cases this week along with 2 others quarantined). Please be mindful that we are still following all of our safety protocol from the beginning of the school year with smaller classroom cohorts, outside learning as much as possible, limited movement within the building, masks, and frequent hand washing/sanitation. This is in addition to upgrades in our air filtration systems. Let's stay vigilant and healthy for the remainder of the school year. Let's finish strong.
- Our library, technology, and 21st Century programming is something we are working on for next school year. Some plans for the library upgrades are included HERE. We are excited to enhance and improve our programming at Fontana to include hands on learning, technology, STEM, and project based learning. More details and planning will continue to be shared as we progress!
- Track and field season is almost upon us. We will be planning to start our track season practices April 19th. More details will continue to be shared as we plan practices, meets, etc. We can't wait to get our Falcons outside, together, and moving in extra curricular activities!
- Forward testing is set to take place on April 20th and 21st. This Wisconsin State test is completed throughout the State each year and it is included in our school report card. We will continue to share more details as they become available. We want to be sure each Falcon gets enough rest and preparation for a successful testing experience.
- We are excited to share that our Outdoor Education team is finalizing plans to enable our 6th graders to participate in a slightly modified OE experience. Additionally we are working on plans for our 8th grade graduation ceremony. While some of our traditional programs will not be exactly as planned prior to COVID we are still very excited to provide memorable experiences for our students/families.
Happy April Falcons and stay positive! The spring season brings on a sense of life, growth, and fresh starts! Be well and stay safe!
Your Partners in Education