Week 34 was a full 5 days of celebration and appreciation for our wonderful staff at Fontana. Our parents, community, and PTSO provided an entire week of food, appreciation and gifts that is unmatched. Our Falcon staff have been on the frontlines all school year, and really, since last spring they have been working non-stop to ensure every student gets what they need each day. Thank you to our staff and community! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- If you are interested in summer school we are making our final plans to see if we have enough interest. We are planning to have summer classes available for 4k-8th grade students starting the week of July 5th. We are planning to have three weeks of classes Monday through Thursday from 9a to 12p each day. The cost will be $100 per student for the three weeks. We will also have the wrap around opportunity for families to join the Big Foot Recreation summer program that goes has extended hours until 6p, if needed. Please contact Kristin Rabe by May 21st if you are interested in joining summer school at email@example.com.
- We understand the CDC has made changes to the mask mandates for those with vaccines. We wanted to share that Fontana will maintain the safety protocol that has been in place all school year with masks required indoors through the end of the school year. Thank you for your understanding and know that we will be reviewing our mask requirements for the 21/22 school year this summer.
- We have had a few stomach bugs around the school the last few weeks. Please remember to stay home if you are not feeling well and be fever free for at least 24 hours before coming to school.
- Next Friday, May 21st, is an early release day. All Falcons 4k and older will be dismissed at 11:20a.
- We are excited to provide our traditional Fine Arts Night on Thursday May 20th from 5:30 to 6:30p. We will have more information as the week progresses, but this will be a display of all our Falcon art work this year, which will include our 8th grade "brag boards". We will require masks while inside and there will be signs for a one-way traffic pattern to avoid gathering inside. We can't wait to see you there.
Have a great weekend Falcons. Three more quality weeks of school, which include our MAP testing and benchmark testing this coming week. Make sure your Falcons come ready to show what they learned all year with good rest.
Your Partners in Education