Our 18th week did not have students, but we did have plenty going on. Our daycare was open supporting our youngest Falcons in the early childhood center, our custodial staff was in cleaning carpets, updating/cleaning our smoke detectors, and extra sanitizing was happening all week! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- We are excited to get our Done Club back up and running in 2022. Tentative dates for Drone Club are on Friday's from January 28th-February 18th from 3:45p to 4:30p. Students will learn the safety requirements and active flying with a drone instructor each week. The goal will be for each student to produce a video/picture collection with their drone. Please email Mr. Torrez at email@example.com for interest.
- We are looking for a few parents volunteers interested in helping at Drone Club on Friday's from 3:45-4:30p from January 28th to February 18th. You will be led by our resident Drone expert, Mr. Peter Ferretti, so no drone experience is necessary. Please email Mr. Torrez at firstname.lastname@example.org with interest and/or questions.
- We are thankful to the Lake Geneva Regional News for the article on our new Fab Lab. We are excited to give our students access to top notch 21st Century materials. READ THE ARTICLE HERE.
- In 2022 we will be evaluating and reviewing our standards based grading practices. We would like a few interested parents to join our team to ensure we have the best practices available to all students. Please email Mr. Torrez at email@example.com if you are interested in joining this important committee in 2022.
- We understand and value all of the recommendations and requirements that seem to change on a regular basis these days. Please know that our health office, administration, and staff are continually making adjustments, reviewing data, and making sure we keep our students in school as safe as possible. In the near future there will be more information regarding plans to adjust quarantine practices while including new guidance from the CDC. This is a very fluid process that we take seriously and we will communicate as there are confirmed adjustments. As always, please contact our office with any questions.
Happy New Year Falcons!! We look forward to seeing everyone back on Monday, January 3rd for our return to school! Be safe Falcons and see you next year!!
Your Partners in Education