Week 28 was our warmest week in months. With that comes melting and mud. We do our best to keep our students "clean" but please understand they may come home a little more dirty than they came to school in the next few weeks!! The dirt is all in good fun and running around with friends :) Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Our drone club finished another successful class this past Friday. Our students in drone club are learning about safe operation, successful photo/video creation, and best practices in drone flight. Thank you to our parent volunteers for helping make this group successful.
- When building a high performing 4k-8 school we know that every teacher, every staff, and every student/family contributes to our student success. This includes safe/clean schools, access to food, and high quality instruction. Our MAP benchmark (Measure of Academic Progress) testing for winter saw 94% (reading) and 80% (math) of our middle school students perform at or above grade level expectations. When our students leave Fontana we want to know they will be best prepared to take on high school and beyond and we are well on our way!!
- Thank you to our PTSO for another wonderful "Hot Chocolate Friday's" in February. This tradition allows any student a hot chocolate during their lunch hour and is fully funded and supported by our PTSO and parent volunteers. Students contribute donations that is always helpful and a part of the full experience.
- Our winter sports season is now complete. Be on the look out for more information from coach Blackman and coach Dase, but track season will officially begin April 11th.
- Looking ahead, pass the word that we will be hosting our 4k/5k Preschool Round Up on Friday April 29th for all new/incoming 4k/5k students to meet our staff, check out the school, and learn more about what we have to offer. More information coming soon, but mark your calendars.
If you are looking for a fun Saturday activity with your family, the Big Foot boys basketball team will be playing at 7p tonight for the regional championship. Wear red for the "RED OUT" and support our local team! See you next week!
Your Partners in Education