Dare we say it, but spring seems to be in the air. Our 3rd graders, for the third year, had the chance to tap, collect, and make their own maple syrup (article photo) again this past week. Thank you to Mr. Reckamp for allowing the students to take part in the process of using 20 gallons of sap from the maple tree to make 1 quart of syrup!! Incredible. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Our 4k-5th grade student report cards (trimester) will be mailed home over spring break. Please check your mail while we are out this next week for a report card.
- Our 22/23 calendar has been approved. We will still need to solidify some details in the calendar such as conferences, but the framework is set at linked HERE.
- We are excited to once again offer our popular 4k/5k preschool round up. This will be for any new Fontana families and/or interested families for our 4k/5k programming in the 22/23 school year. More information to come, but I wanted to share the date (Friday, April 29th) for your reference. We will have staff, screenings (hearing/vision etc.) and tours to show our new Falcons what Fontana is all about. Be on the lookout for more details.
- If you haven't already seen, you will be getting a notification in the mail regarding our referendum vote on April 5th. This is an operational referendum for Fontana School District. This vote will be important to our school continuing to provide the great programming in place and planned for the future. Thank you for taking time to learn the details and please reach out with any questions.
- Solo ensemble took place last weekend and Big Foot High School. Fontana had 2 students participate in 4 events. Both students (Sophia and Gianna) are 7th graders and performed exceptionally well. In fact, Gianna has qualified to perform at the State competition, which in our research, hasn't happened in a very long time, if ever, for a 7th grader. Congratulations, we are so proud of their work and performance!
Have a great spring break Falcons. Our daycare will operate as normal this coming week, and our first day back for school (4k-8th grade) will be Monday, March 28th. Thank you and have a great spring break.
Your Partners in Education