Wisconsin is quite possibly the most dynamic place in the world to experience "spring". As we start April, we are still having considerations for sleds and snow pants!! Week 32 saw our 6th graders meet with the Outdoor Education team, along with parents, for review and preparation for the exciting week of outdoor learning on the shores of Lake Geneva!! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- As a safety reminder, whenever you are picking up your child(ren) from school please follow all safety precautions in the parking lot. Also, while in the building we want to be sure your child(ren) is/are safely handed off to the proper adult. Your support and teamwork is appreciated, especially during the busy pick up/drop off and aftercare times. Safety is a priority and something we like to work as collaboratively as possible with all families!
- Starting next Tuesday we will be starting Wisconsin FORWARD testing, which is a standardized test to show progress/ability for each student. It is important that all Falcons get a good nights rest, proper breakfast, and give their best effort. We will provide snacks and support here at school during testing times. Let's show off all the learning this year Falcons, and please contact our office with any questions.
- Summer School sign-up is ongoing. Please click here for a registration packet. More information is also available on our website and a link is HERE for our website. We look forward to providing some fun classes this summer for all ages, including middle school. Take a look and get signed up!!
- Attention Families, please mark your calendars Thursday, April 21st for the Falcon Art and Music Showcase taking place at our school from 5:00-6:30. This is an opportunity to see some of the wonderful artwork that our students have made, and also hear some incredible music from our band and choirs!
- Our art students had the chance to meet a coloring/comic book/animation artist this past week. Jeff Balke of Jeff Balke Studios talked about perseverance, confidence, and his love of art with the students at Fontana. His story is inspiring and provided insight into the "day in the life" of an artist. Thank you, Mr. Balke, for sharing your story and for inspiring our young artists at Fontana.
Busy times at Fontana and our school year continues to provide learning, fun, and engagement for all. Thank you to all of our wonderful teaching staff for their hard work and for continually putting the best interest of our students in the forefront. Our staff go above and beyond the typical day, every day, to ensure all kids are succeeding. Thank you all and have a great weekend.
Your Partners in Education