It has been wonderful to see the sun this past week!! Week 35 has provided time for our track team to continue to train and improve. With our spring sports upon us it is a great reminder of how wonderful it is to have sports back for the entire school year. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Our Fine Arts Night (Falcon Showcase) took place this Thursday. Mrs. Bagby (band), Mr. Smith (music), and Mr. McCanna (art) did the lions share of the planning in cooperation with our PTSO. We had well over 200 guests tour the art work, listen to our choir and bands, and enjoy many snacks donated and made by our wonderful parents/families. Thank you and well done!
- To give an idea of how much time our PTSO gives to our school, our last event saw parents in before/after/during school, attending meetings, making countless phone calls, and coordinating food/drinks for all our guests. This requires many many hours, donations/money, and a true desire to see children succeed. THANK YOU!! We are fortunate to have such a family atmosphere in Fontana.
- This coming week will be the last for the 22/23 Open Enrollment period. Mrs. Schanau is our OE specialist and can help with any questions at email@example.com. We are happy to answer any questions, provide a tour, and/or support families in this important decision.
- We are still taking applications and sign-up for our summer school programming. This will be our 16th year of summer school. We are happy to accept all students, not just Falcons so pass the word! This year’s program will take place from July 5-July 21. Click here for a registration packet
- Our student council dress up days will continue this week ahead. Get ready to go back in time with decade dressing: Monday--60's dress, Tuesday--70's, Wednesday--80's, Thursday--90's and Friday--2000's. Thank you to everyone who did our dress up days this past week to raise cancer awareness.
Martin Luther King Jr. stated "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy". Our staff and families have stood up to the challenges, showed grace, and shown unbelievable support this school year. Enjoy the last full weekend in April and see you all Monday!
Your Partners in Education