We are coming down to the end of the school year, which means busy schedules, assemblies, field trips and other engaging learning opportunities. Week 38 saw our air conditioning kick on at the school and, most likely, at many of your homes! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- We have two exciting opportunities for students offered by outside agencies in the next few weeks. First, our Fontana Police Department will be hosting their annual "Cops and Bobbers" fishing event on Wednesday, May 25th from 4-6pm. This takes place at the Fontana Municipal Piers 1/2. Additionally, the Geneva Lakes Rush Soccer program will be offering a free soccer clinic right here at Fontana School on May 18th. This free soccer clinic will run right after school for an hour on May 18th. RSVP for soccer at genevalakeunited.org/clinic
- This coming week (starting May 16th) our final MAP testing window will open. Please have your Falcon well rested, well fed, and ready to show all the learning they did this week. We look forward to completing our final testing window of the year.
- We are still taking applications and sign-up for our summer school programming. This will be our 16th year of summer school. We are happy to accept all students, not just Falcons so pass the word! This year’s program will take place from July 5-July 21. Click here for a registration packet.
- With the weather shifting to warmer days and our classes spending more time outside it is important to remember to check for ticks. We will keep an eye here at school, but please check your Falcons over at night as there have been a few ticks found at school.
- Thank you to all of our fabulous Fontana staff for a wonderful school year. Our PTSO did an amazing job providing lunch and heartfelt thank you's all week, really all year. Our staff at Fontana have endured, persevered, and succeeded in maintaining the high expectations we have come to expect each day at our school. Thank you Fontana staff and parents for your commitment to our students and their success.
May is mental health awareness month and a time of graduation for many. I have included a video link HERE showing the amazing impact education and caring adults can have on any given person. Be kind, see the worth in everyone you meet and know that our words and actions make an amazing impact on those around us. Have a great weekend.
Your Partners in Education