Week 7 of the school year was busy with learning, community partnerships, and our first round of parent/teacher conferences. We are thankful to see our Falcon athletics excel not only on the court, but also with sportsmanship and teamwork!! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- What a week for volleyball! This week they played Walworth on Tuesday. We had a sweep with all three teams. We had the all 6th grade team win 2-0, the B-team won 3-0, and the A team won 2-1! Next was Sharon. We continued our winning streak with the B team winning 3-0, and the A-team won 2-1! We remain undefeated for the season! Next week we will be facing Walworth at home again on MONDAY and we will be away at Reek on Tuesday. Go Falcons!
- Thank you to our staff for all your preparation for parent conferences. We had a wonderful showing of parents and community at our school on Thursday to showcase the talents and learning of our students so far this year. As is tradition, our PTSO provided a magnificent dinner to our staff who worked through the evening.
- Our Fall Fun Fest crew has been busy in planning and we are almost to the big night!! This Thursday will be our annual Fall Fun Fest at Fontana School. This is planned and coordinated by so many staff, our PTSO, and many others. If you are considering volunteering, there is still time. The sign up link is included. https://signup.com/go/VOLjLcr. SEE YOU THERE!!
- Our Fall Fun Fest is followed by a middle school dance. All middle school students were given a permission slip to attend the dance and they will need to have those in to attend the dance on Thursday after our Fall Fun Fest. Please contact your students teacher or the office if you have any questions.
- Our Halloween celebration will also take place on Thursday, October 27th, in our 4k-5th grade classrooms. Please review the guidelines set up to ensure our Halloween celebration is safe and fun for all!! GUIDELINES LINKED HERE
- BONUS--Our second, and last parent/teacher conference day of the first semester will be on Tuesday, October 25th. If you haven't connected with your child(rens) teacher yet, please make sure you do this week. Our goal is always 100% connection to let all families know the learning progress of their Falcon!
Enjoy the beautiful weekend weather provided to all of us this weekend!! What a joy. Lastly, pictured is our 7th grade field trip to Yerkes Observatory in Williams Bay. We were not only the first school trip through since the renovations, but we were also there on the 125th Anniversary of the world renowned facility! If you haven't heard, Yerkes is now doing guided tours to the public and it is more than worth a visit!! Have a great weekend.
Your Partners in Education