The school year gets shorter and shorter and the weeks get busier and busier!! Week 34 was host to the 63rd edition of our annual Outdoor Education program. We are grateful to all of our sponsors, staff, and families for the ability to have another successful camp. Conference Point provides a wonderful place to host our camp and we are so fortunate to live so close to amazing resources!! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- As you know, May 19th is our last half-day of the school year. We will have our second annual Falcons Walk for Wellness to support mental health awareness month and our community. All money raised will support Bigger Than the Trail, which encourages outdoor running/activity and mental health support services. We raised over $1500 last year and look to raise $2500 this year, which would provide 12 months of support for one person!! LINK HERE and the event is by donation only. Local vendors and community support services will be there for information!!
- Our National Junior Honor Society students completed a Penny Drive and they raised over $400 that will go directly toward our local shelter for hygiene products and food. Our 3rd grade raised the most money and students in 3rd grade had their name drawn to go shopping with our NJHS student leaders in volunteering activities for our local shelters. Way to go Falcons and thank you to our tremendously generous community!
- We completed our outdoor education week and feedback from the Conference Point staff included "the Fontana students are very respectful and kind" and "we always look forward to your group as they are good to our property and they are respectful to our staff at Conference Point". While the outdoor learning is vital to our curriculum, the community and personal skills are equally as valuable. This is a direct reflection of our families and our school staff to encourage/support our students to be well rounded citizens. Great job Fontana!
- This week Fontana is celebrating "Staff Appreciation Week" for the entire week. We are grateful to our PTSO and community stakeholders for providing lunch, volunteering time, and supporting our hard working staff at Fontana. There is not an evening or weekend day that goes by without someone at the school preparing, planning, and continuously improving what we provide to our students. Rather than Teacher Appreciation we celebrate and recognize our entire staff as you well know it takes a village and EVERY single staff member is vital to our success.
- We have a busy week of field trips coming up. Our 3rd grade will be practicing literacy and enjoying Mainstay Farm on Tuesday, our 4/5th grade will be going to Madison to visit the Capital and the Madison Zoo, and finally, our 8th grade will be exploring Frank Lloyd Wright architecture and the SC Johnson Wax facility. Busy learning inside and outside the classroom this week.
Have a great week Falcons and we look forward to strong learning and education all the way through June 2nd!!
Your Partners in Education