31 weeks of school starts to bring serious planning for the next school year. The primary focus, however, is finishing strong and ensuring high levels of engagement all the way to the last day! Our OE program has some exciting news that we will be having our full week of hiking, canoeing, outdoor learning, and traditions (camp fire, skits etc.) the first week of May. While there are some adjustments, we couldn't be more thrilled to offer a full week of tradition, learning, and adventure. Thank you to Mrs. Rabe and Mrs. Sammons, among many others, for planning this over the last year to make it happen. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Wisconsin FORWARD testing will be starting on Tuesday April 20th and will take place on Tuesday/Wednesday for most grades. 4th and 8th grade have additional tests and will test Tuesday through Friday. Make sure your Falcons are well rested, well fed, and ready to show off their learning this past year!! Please contact our office with any questions.
- April is Autism Awareness Month. This month bring about the importance of love, understanding, and acceptance. We choose strength and teamwork at Fontana!! We love, encourage, and find the best in everyone, everyday!
- Drone club is set to start on Friday April 30th from 3:45p to 4:45p. This 4 week club will teach safety, flight, filming, and provide exposure to new/upcoming careers in innovation. We are excited to begin this first ever club of its kind. Sign up sheets will be sent out this coming week.
- Our early childhood staff completed our first screening of the year. We are so grateful to offer in-person screening for children entering 4k/5k next school year. It was great to meet all the new students and families. Thank you to our staff for planning, organizing, and implementing this new standardized screening process to help our community! Well done and great to meet you all.
- Annually, the Walworth/Fontana Rotary recognizes an outstanding staff member from each area school for showing "Service Above Self". Considering the scope and unprecedented events of the past year in education it was determined that we would recognize the entire staff at Fontana school for their incredible "Service Above Self". True servant leadership and empathy has been a daily activity since last March. The day and life of our school staff includes delivering food, hotspots, teaching, learning, acquiring a completely new skillset online, juggling students in many different formats in addition to the already busy day of a teacher that took place before COVID. Thank you Fontana Staff and know that you are incredibly valuable to our coping, growth, and improvement during/beyond this global pandemic.
Lastly, while COVID has been challenging, it's the day-to-day needs, challenges, and victories that shows the true value of each and every person in our learning community. The Fontana staff have not settled for average, even when facing incredible challenges, and we continue to see service above self on a minute to minute basis. Thank you and have a great weekend.
Your Partners in Education