Week 3 was wonderful and filled with exciting learning. We will have a busy week ahead so please take time to rest, enjoy, and relax this weekend. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- As a reminder, our main entrance is where all students 4k and older enter for the start of school (doors open at 8am). Our South Daycare entrance is only for students 3k and younger. It is important that we keep our hallways and classrooms safe and consistent.
- Please continue to be vigilant and monitor any illness and symptoms you or your child may be experiencing. We have been fortunate to start our year with minimal disruptions and we attribute our continued success to staying home when sick and keeping our school environment healthy.
- Starting next week our students will be doing our Fall Benchmark testing (Measures of Academic Progress, MAP link here). This is how our teachers measure progress, plan for support and enrichment, and set goals with students to expand learning. Please call our office with any questions.
- With MAP testing, it is vitally important for your Falcon to get enough rest, properly eat breakfast, and stay hydrated. The testing will be broken into multiple days to allow students time between tests.
- As mentioned previously, Fontana School District was awarded a Mental Health Grant through the Wisconsin Department of Instruction. We will provide different opportunities to find out about resources in our community, network with other families, and ask questions. A flier is attached HERE for our first family session on Wednesday, September 22 at 8:30am. Be on the lookout for other wellness activities such as physical fitness and overall wellness. #FontanaCares. For more information contact our social worker, Ms. Christensen or Mr. Torrez.
We can't wait to kick off our 4th week of school next week. We will have benchmark testing and so much exciting learning. Also, don't miss our flag football games on Tuesdays and Thursdays in addition to our first cross country meet in many years on Thursday September 23rd at 3:30p at Duck Pond!
Your Partners in Education