Week 15 was filled with excitement, planning for holiday programming, and snow! Pictured is Mrs. Gutierrez, who was nominated by her peers and community members as our "Service Above Self" award winner, which happens annually with our local Geneva Lakes West Rotary. Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work to redesign and rebrand our library/media programming. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Thank you to our PTSO, cultural arts committee, and parent volunteers for coordinating our Crafty Critters sign up today. We can't wait for the main event for Crafty Critters on December 17th. For those that have been a part of Fontana, this is a timeless tradition that students and families love!
- Our Scholastic Book Fair will be going on all week in our school library starting Monday. Please contact Mrs. Gutierrez (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Reminder, our winter concert will be on Wednesday, December 15th starting at 6pm for our 4k-3rd and 7p for 4-8 grade. Our concert will take place at Big Foot High School auditorium.
- Did you know that Fontana serves meals for families, weekly, in partnership with Green Grocer, to ensure every family gets what they need. Since September 2021, we have provided over 250 meals this school year. Thank you to our partners and tremendous community support.
- We continue to build our community partnerships with our mental health/wellness grant. We are excited to include CA Counseling, in Williams Bay, to our school community. You can read more HERE about their team building activities planned to start in January 2022.
- BONUS--Thank you to our Falcon health office and Lion's Club volunteers for completed our school wide vision screening on Wednesday. We are grateful for all of the volunteers, teachers, and students for this coordinated effort to screen our entire school in one day.
We would like to celebrate two consecutive weeks with no new COVID cases at Fontana. Please continue to self screen for health/wellness/symptoms and stay home if you are not well to reduce contagious spread of all illnesses within the school setting. Thank you Falcons, be well, and have a great weekend!
Your Partners in Education