Our start to March saw winter return, which included snow! Fontana's 29th week of school saw 3rd graders tap maple trees for syrup making, middle school students preparing for high school, and staff focused on wellness among many other activities. Here are FIVE things to know this week.
- Our 8th grade Falcons met with Big Foot student leaders and staff regarding high school transition. It was great to see our students moving toward their next steps in education! Many great questions and interest in the wonderful opportunities high school provides!
- We had fifteen 6-8 grade students participate in an Academic Bowl at Clinton Middle School. Fontana had 1st through 3rd place finishers and a wonderful opportunity to compete against other schools on current events and other academic challenges! Way to go Falcons.
- On Wednesday, March 16th, Fontana will once again offer a COVID-19 vaccine clinic in our cafeteria afterschool from 3-5pm. 1st, 2nd, and booster doses will be available for adults and 1st and 2nd doses for ages 5-11 years old. No ID, insurance, or appointments required. For questions, please call 262-741-3200. Please bring your vaccine card if applicable.
- We are excited to note that we have seen a dramatic decrease in our COVID numbers at Fontana. With the changes in numbers, overall, in our area there have been some procedural updates including mask optional on the bus and our entire school, including daycare, are 24 hours fever free for healthy return to school. Please contact our health office or main office with any questions.
- As you may have read in the Lake Geneva Regional News, Fontana J8 School District will be voting for a non-recurring operational referendum on April 5th. Our school board and administration will have a referendum information meeting on Wednesday, March 16th at 5:30p. Link attached HERE for details.
If you are free this Saturday, Big Foot boys basketball will be playing in the sectional final game for a chance to play in the state final tournament. The game is at 7p at Whitewater High School. Have a great weekend!
Your Partners in Education