Week 39 is complete and marked our last full week with our current 8th graders! It can be said that days seem long and years seem short, and this school year is no different. We have accomplished so much, but there is plenty to go in our next two weeks of school. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- It is not too late!! We are still taking applications and sign-up for our summer school programming. This will be our 16th year of summer school. We are happy to accept all students, not just Falcons so pass the word! This year’s program will take place from July 5-July 21. Click here for a registration packet.
- Our spring concert will be this Tuesday, May 24th, at Big Foot High School. This will be for 4th-8th grade students and arrival, for students, will begin at 6pm. We can't wait to have our final performance of the year at the beautiful Big Foot auditorium.
- As the weather is warmer and we are outside there are opportunities for different sun and bug/insect interactions. Our lawn maintenance at Fontana does includes tick spraying, however, please read the letter from our health office/nurse HERE for further updates.
- Our 8th grade promotion ceremony will be this Thursday, May 26th, at our Fontana School gym. 7th grade parents, students, our office, and teachers have been working hard for a wonderful celebration. We can't wait to see you there!
- We completed the primary week of MAP (Measure of Academic Progress) and Aimsweb (K-1st grade) this Friday. The upcoming week will be any make-up testing and re-takes for students to ensure we have all of the academic growth data for the school year.
Thank you again to all of our sponsors, volunteers, and community members that made our first annual Falcons Walk for Wellness fundraiser a success. Fontana truly cares and we are all grateful to live, work, and partner is such a great school community! Have a great weekend.
Your Partners in Education