Week two of summer break saw the heat turned up to nearly 100 degrees...Summer here we come! Pictured is the 3k classroom that has been transformed already since our last day of school. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Attention all incoming 4-8th graders: Big Foot Summer Basketball Camp When: June 20, 21, 22, and 23 Time: 10:30am - 12:00 Who: Incoming 4th - 8th grade BOYS Where: Big Foot High School Main Gym (come in through the front doors) Coached by BFHS basketball coaches and players. Cost: $40 - Pay at the door (Checks can be made out to Big Foot Little Chiefs Basketball)
- Big Foot is also offering a first time event for those interested in pole vaulting. Coach Rambatt from Big Foot High School will be hosting an introduction to pole vaulting on June 28th at 5:30p. More information linked HERE.
- Our maintenance and custodial staff have been hard at work with many different contractors to complete some much needed updates to our classroom floors. Our summer is busy with updates, deep cleaning, and ensuring our school is ready for the new school year! We can't wait to show you all the great new updates when you come back in the fall.
- Don't forget, our Falcon summer school will start on July 5th. We look forward to many great classes and fun during the month of July.
- If you haven't seen the article, we are very proud to have been awarded the WEDC grant to continue to fund our Fab Lab and technology classes. With this additional funding the past two years we have been able to purchase and use innovative STEM resources that were not otherwise available at Fontana. A link to the article is HERE.
Have a great week Falcons and please know we are here to support whatever is needed, even during the summer months. Our offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8-4p during a typical summer week.
Your Partners in Education