Officially two months into our summer schedule with week 8 here and gone. We are heading into the celebration season in our area with the Lion's Steak/Lobster Fest today at Reid Park and the Rotary Corn and Brat Fest on August 6th across from Big Foot High School. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- We had a great visit today at Fontana from the Big Foot Class of 1972 (pictured). They were celebrating their 50 year class reunion and we were honored to share our 2022 version of Fontana Elementary School. There were great stories of Mr. Roeker, outdoor education, and many of their favorite teachers/memories over the years. Thank you for allowing our school to be a part of your special weekend.
- Our concrete project was completed this weekend. A big thank you to NNW Concrete LLC for managing this project while being mindful of our students, camps, and staff.
- Our daycare/early childhood playground was completed on the South side of the building today. The play surface with fence has been completed to ensure our youngest Falcons are safe and enjoying time in our beautiful outdoor areas.
- We are finalizing a spirit wear store to be out this coming week. Keep your eyes open for new Falcon gear available for purchase to start the new school year off in fashion!
- A huge thank you to all of our PTSO members (parent, teacher, student organization) and staff that attended the last meeting on Wednesday. This was the first meeting, in person, in over two years. We are so grateful to have engaged and supportive parents in our school community to plan/organize great activities for our students each year. We looked at activities month-by-month with an eye on bringing back the Fall Fun Fest in October. More information to come!
Have a great last weekend of July Falcons! We are so fortunate to live in an area most people consider a vacation destination!! Enjoy and #flyintoexcellence! Lastly, don't forget to register your Falcon if you haven't done so already.
Your Partners in Education