The summer update you have all been waiting for, I know!! It is our last weekend before the super popular first day of school!! It looks to be a great extended weekend for weather, fair ground exploration, and family time before the official start of the 22/23 school year. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- On September 6th our doors open at 8am and we will welcome, with open arms and red carpets, all of our new and returning Falcons! Reminder, our school hours are 8:15a to 3:30p each day. See you Tuesday Falcons!
- Pictured, is our staff, Reek staff, and Walworth staff training together for math and reading programming this year. We are thrilled to work closely with our local BFASA schools to ensure all students entering Big Foot High School are prepared for success.
- Are you interested in playing sports this fall at Fontana? Click on the links to access the schedules for Cross Country, Flag Football, and Volleyball. Also, if you are playing or cheering on your favorite Falcon team, you need the matching gear! Click the links to access stores specific to each fall sport: Cross Country, Flag Football, and Volleyball.
- If you have been putting off your haircut now is the time! Picture day for Fontana is September 12th. If you were unable to make our open house, we will be sending home additional picture forms once school starts. Please contact our office with any questions or inquiries about picture day. Mrs. Ziganto can help with anything regarding picture day.
- As many of you know, Fontana is committed to Standards Based Grading for all students K-8. We have spent the last year with parent groups, staff groups, and professional development training to ensure we are grading and assessing our Falcon students in the best way possible. HERE is a description of our proficiency scale that will be applied to the essential standards each student will learn this school year. Please contact Mr. Torrez at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or clarification. We are in constant pursuit of student success and this is one way we track the academic learning.
There is nothing like the first day of school!! Fresh starts, new outfits, rekindled friendships, and so much more define every "First Day". Happy Labor Day Weekend and we can't wait to see you all Tuesday!!
Your Partners in Education