Week two of the school year was challenging, exciting, and provided our first middle school field trip of the year. Pictured is our 6th and 7th grade experience at Gateway Technical College in Racine. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Starting next week, our students will be taking the fall "benchmark" tests. In 2nd through 8th grade our students complete MAP (measure of academic progress) for literacy/reading and starting this year this age group will complete IReady testing in math, which is similar to MAP testing and will provide additional extension and support programming in math. Make sure your Falcon is well rested and fed each day!
- We are so excited to re-start our Fall Fun Fest activities this year. We have had to cancel this one-of-a-kind event the last few years, but our PTSO and school staff are ready to bring back Fall Fun Fest. As you may know, this event includes fun raffle baskets done by each grade. These baskets are filled through kind donations. Linked HERE is the theme for each grades donation basket. More information to come as we move closer to the event!
- Another great group that will once again meet regularly this year is our Cultural Arts Committee. Please consider joining this great group that provides Fontana students unique opportunities in the arts throughout the year. The first meeting will be this coming Tuesday, September 21st at 9:30a. These meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Fontana School conference room.
- Our 8th grade students completed their annual OWLS trip to complete team building and high ropes activities. What a great way to start off their last year at Fontana. This year, we also started an annual 6/7th grade field trip on the same day to Gateway. Students experienced their STEM lab, careers in STEM, and participated in a catapult challenge.
- Don't forget to come and cheer on our Flag Football team and our cross country team this year. Our first cross country meet of the year will be this Monday, September 19th at Duck Pond. Our second flag football game of the year will be on Tuesday, September 20th at Duck Pond. Both events will start at 4pm. Be there!!
Thank you to all parents for your patience during our pick up and drop off times. We are down to 8 minutes at pick up from start to finish!! Please remember to be safe, watch for students and remain patient. Have a great weekend!!
Your Partners in Education