We are now into double digit weeks of the school year. Week 10 was busy with learning and honoring for our Country's Veterans. It was both 75 degrees and 40 degrees within a 24 hour period, which could mean only one thing, it's nearly winter in the midwest. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Boys basketball was in full swing as it started this week. The Falcons played their first game against a new opponent (Harvard). Even though the A team lost in a close one, the B team took home the first win of the season. Next week is a busy week for the team. We will be playing Walworth on Monday, Woods (also a new opponent) on Tuesday, and Reek on Thursday. The games are all away games but come travel and root for the basketball team!
- Fontana is excited to partner with the Department of Natural Resources, Big Foot High School, and Walworth School to "Hunt Off Hunger". Together we will collect canned goods and non-perishable food items for the local food pantries in our area. There are orange/black bins in the entryway of the school.
- Next week will also kick off our annual Penny Wars put on by the Falcon Student Council and National Junior Honor Society. The Penny Wars will work in conjunction with the Hunt Off Hunger Campaign. Flier linked below.
- We have opened a Falcon Spirit Store for ordering the newest gear around!! Everyone looks good in their Red, Black and Gray Fontana gear. Link HERE. Unfortunately, they are unable to guarantee full delivery before the holiday break due to different inventory levels this time of year. Don't miss out on the newest gear of the winter!!
- Thank you to Mrs. Sammons, Ms. Torres, Mr. Smith, Mrs. Bagby and many others for coordinating the Veteran's Day recognition ceremony today. To all who served, continue to serve, and protect our Freedoms, we thank you for your service.
Have a great weekend Falcons!! Reminder, next Friday, November 18th, is an early release day for 4k-8th grade.
Your Partners in Education