This week we saw some snow in our 14th week. Remember, always have your Falcon ready for any weather with clothes for playing outside. All grades participate in outdoor recess each day as long as the temperature is above Zero and not raining. Pictured is Lucy who periodically visits our early learning classes. As you might guess, she is a wonderful addition to our learning. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- An all school vision screening (3K - 8th) was completed on 12/7/22. Seven Lions Club volunteers joined us and provided vision screenings for Fontana students. If any students were identified as needing further evaluation the Health office will be reaching out to families between December 15 - 22, 2022 by phone and letter home. If you have any questions please reach out to the health office at 262-275-6881, or contact the District Nurse, Julie Lohse, directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The boys basketball team had a great week this week. The B team went 1-1 and the A team went 2-0 (they are still undefeated in our conference). Next week is the last week of the boys basketball season! On Tuesday, we will be away at Sharon. On Thursday, we will have the first round of the final tournament to see who takes home the trophy this year. Both A and B teams will play against Reek that day. Then On Saturday, join us at Big Foot when the A team will play their final game that day. Go Falcons!
- As a reminder, as the weather changes to winter any/all changes to our school schedule due to weather will be communicated by text, email, social media, and our website. If you have not been getting our weekly communications in email and text please contact our office to ensure your contact information is up-to-date.
- Recently, Wisconsin posted the school report cards for all public schools. Our school report card overall score was 67.1, "Meets Expectations", which is something we have been reviewing with our school board and staff. Our goal is continuous improvement and this is related to all areas of our education. School attendance is one area we will be immediately working on reviewing and improving. Additionally, we have posted for an additional teacher to support our extended learning in the elementary grades. More communication, updates, and review will be shared as we progress through the school year. As always, reach out with any questions to our office or email email@example.com.
- Crafty Critters sign up was this past week!! That can only mean one thing....the holidays are officially upon us. Don't miss the holiday concert on December 15th at Big Foot high school starting at 6pm with 4k-3rd grade and the 4th-8th grade to follow at 7pm. Additionally, we will have a bake sale at the winter concert to support some much needed updates to our band/music equipment. We look forward to seeing you there!
Stay warm and enjoy your weekend Falcons!!
Your Partners in Education