Our Falcon boys basketball team helped cap off a very successful week 15 in Fontana. They won the league tournament, free throw contest, and the 2 ball shooting competition for a clean sweep of event today!! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Thank you to all who provided delicious baked good for our bake sale at the winter concert. So many of our staff and students worked hard to ensure our performance was planned and executed to a high level. Big Foot were gracious hosts and the BF auditorium has been a great new home for our performing Falcons!!
- Another successful tradition took place this week with Crafty Critters!! Elementary students enjoyed making crafts and spending time with our PTSO, middle school student mentors, and peers for an afternoon of Christmas fun.
- The basketball team has finished its last full school week. The B team had some really close games this week but eventually fell just short. They had a great season and we can't wait to future years of basketball with them. The A team still remains undefeated this year in the conference with going 2-0 this week. They advanced to the basketball championship where they beat their rival Wildcats from Walworth!!
- Between the food donations and Penny War money collected, our small school of 200 students collected over 800 pounds of food. We collected enough food to fill the Walworth Food Bank with some left that was provided to the Lake Geneva Food Bank. Thank you for the great partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Conservation Warden, Officer Wilson, along with Big Foot and Walworth School. We beat out Elkhorn and Lake Geneva High Schools!! Great Job Team Fontana!
- Looking ahead, our last day of school before winter break is Thursday, December 22nd. Our annual Christmas sing-along will be Thursday morning at 9:15am. Winter Break (4k-8th grade) is December 23rd through January 2nd. Students will return on Tuesday, January 3rd.
Please remember to have your Falcon dressed for the weather. Students are best prepared with snow boots, jacket, hat/gloves, and snow pants. Thank you and have a great weekend.
Your Partners in Education