Week 18 felt more like April than January, but here we are half-way through the month, and yearning for some sledding snow! We had a productive week that included new classroom furniture in our building. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Mrs. Peiffer and Mrs. Sammons took sixteen 5-8th grade students to Clinton for our annual Math Meet. Our students performed well and we look forward to the results coming soon. This is a great opportunity for our students to learn, grow, and expand their academics in a competitive environment.
- Girls basketball had their first game Thursday against Walworth. The B team had a great first game, but lost a close game. The A team won in a tightly contested event that came down to the wire! Next week we have home games on Tuesday and Thursday against Sharon and Reek. All B games start at 4p with the A game to follow. Come cheer on the girls while they try to get more wins for the season!
- Pictured is Mr. Hoey who was selected by his co-workers as our Rotary Service Above Self Award winner for 22/23. This honor is nominated/chosen by our staff based on a commitment to go above/beyond each day for our school, students, and families. Thank you and great job Mr. Hoey.
- As previously mentioned, school attendance is very important and directly related to academic success. We are working on systems to ensure we communicate and update our attendance records regularly with our families. This update will include a letter sent home to all students/families that have been absent 10 or more days this current school year. Please allow this to provide information and support regarding your child(rens) attendance at Fontana. We are here to support every family, every student, every day.
- Next week we will begin our winter benchmark testing. This includes MAP (Measurement of Academic Progress) and I-Ready testing. Good rest, a healthy breakfast, and timely arrival at school make a big difference! We look forward to pushing and encouraging our students to try their very best to show off their learning so far this year.
Have a wonderful weekend Falcons!!
Your Partners in Education