We have officially come to the halfway point of the school year in week 19. Our staff and students have worked hard on learning so far and we can't wait to continue our learning journey in 2023's second semester. Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Pictured is our 5 person school board. We are grateful for our dedicated school board members who govern our school policy, support the administration, and ensure Every Student is getting the best we have to offer Every Day in Fontana!! Thank you for your service Mr. Labus, Mrs. Reckamp, Mrs. Clausius, Mr. Vilona, and Mr. Pruessing. We are grateful for all of your time and support!
- Next week is Kindness Week at Fontana School! Students are challenged to perform as many acts of kindness on their Fontana Kindness Week Bingo Card to earn fun prizes, but more importantly, to feel good about being kind! These acts can be performed at school, in the home, or in the community. Mr. McCanna and his art students are going to create new/fresh kindness tiles for the upstairs hallways, and we will even have an ice cream cart for a sweet treat (thank you cultural arts committee)!
- We will be celebrating Autism Awareness Month this April at Fontana School. If you or your child would like to purchase a t-shirt ($7.95), please fill out the google form. The deadline is January 26th. We will wear the t-shirts on Monday, April 3rd! Reminders will be sent out closer to the date as well. PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting CASH or CHECK only. You can make the check out to Fontana School and specify it is for autism t-shirts in the memo. If you have any questions please reach out to Nikki Christensen (firstname.lastname@example.org, 2620275-6881 #219). Thank you!
- Our girls basketball teams are off to a great start. It has been so fun to watch their growth and teamwork so far this year. Our 5th graders have been a welcomed addition to our already great group of middle school girls this year. If you haven't already, come on out and cheer on our girls this week. Our next game is Tuesday, January 24th at home against Walworth!! See you there.
- Thank you to all of our students, staff, and families for having your Falcon prepared for our testing window this past week. We look forward to using the updated information to adjust, adapt, and ensure all students are growing in their learning.
Have a great weekend Falcons!! See you all Monday.
Your Partners in Education