Mother Nature finally decided that winter must make a visit before we hit February. In our last full week of January we saw snow on at least three days, which may have been more snow than we saw the entire month! Week 20 included celebrations, learning, and a half-day to finish things off! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- Our plans are set to meet interested and new 4k/5k families at our annual meet/greet/screening on February 17th from 1:30-3:30p. Flier attached HEREwith more information. This is a great way for any interested families to meet our staff, see our school, and provide time for your child(ren) to play in our early childhood classroom! We look forward to meeting new families and all are welcome.
- The world famous Hot Chocolate Fridays is once again upon us! The dates are 2/3, 2/10 and 2/24. Fifty cents gets you the best hot chocolate the world has to offer during your lunch time. Thank you to our PTSO for once again planning/supporting this great winter tradition.
- We are so proud of two Falcons that were honored in the Lake Geneva Regional news this past week. Addison Bares and Gianna Kid were awarded for their art submitted in the 23rd annual disability awareness themed youth art contest. This is sponsored by Society's Assets, a nonprofit organization serving people with disabilities in Walworth, Racine, Kenosha, Rock and Jefferson Counties.
- Pictured is our math meet team that competed a few weeks ago in Clinton against other Walworth County schools. The team is composed of 5-8th grade students and broken into two teams (5/6 and 7/8). We were honored to have individual medal winners in all four grades and our 5/6 team took second place overall. They will be moving on to the next round that will take place in Madison in May! Great job Falcons!!
- This past week was Kindness Week at Fontana. Our students were "caught" being kind, both inside and outside of school. Students participated in "Kindness Bingo" and other fun activities to show off their kind behaviors all over the community!! The week also included an ice cream party in all classes that was supported by our PTSO!! Well done and we work hard each week to ensure that kindness is not just a week, but a way of life at Fontana!
- BONUS--The girls basketball team played well this week. They are hoping to turn some exciting play into wins this coming week! We play Reek on Tuesday and Walworth on Thursday. Both games will be away games and we hope to see you there!
The basketball boys have been in a tournament as well this past few weeks. They have had an amazing experience and will be playing for the 3rd place on Saturday at 12:00 at St. Andrew Parish School. Come cheer them on!
Have a great weekend Falcons and enjoy our new found snow!!
Your Partners in Education