Mother nature proved that the snow can be taken away as quickly as it is given! Our 8th graders did an amazing job with the snow sculpting in front of the school before the snow blocks began to melt! Week 22 provided some much needed sunshine and outdoor recess! Here are FIVE things to know this week:
- We are excited to offer a Forensics speech program for the first time in many years!! This is a great opportunity to practice public speaking in a fun/energetic setting. Forensics is for any 1-5th grade student and can be done individually or in pairs/groups. Mrs. Sullivan and Ms. Fuentes are the club supervisors. More information HERE. No experience needed!!
- Our annual 4k/5k Screening will take place this coming Friday, February 17th from 1:30p to 3:30p. This is a great opportunity to meet our staff, check out the school, and have your child(ren) play with other interested Falcons. Please contact Mrs. Devin Dennis for more information and/or to get signed up (email@example.com). Spots are limited and we look forward to meeting our newest Falcons!! SCREENING INFORMATION HERE
- The annual Fontana Science Fair is this coming Thursday, February 16th from 5-7pm. We will have many local STEM career vendors along with the wonderful student projects on display. This Fontana School tradition is one you don't want to miss!
- This past Saturday our band was fortunate to have 11 members qualify and perform in the Harvard Middle Level Honor Festival. There were 9 different middle schools and over 100 performers that spent the day practicing and then performing for a full gym in Harvard Junior High. It was a privilege and honor to have so many quality (we had the third most members and we were by far the smallest middle school).
- This coming Friday, February 17th, is an early release for the entire school. 4k-8th grade dismissal is 11:20a and our daycare (3k and younger) will dismiss by 12pm. Our entire staff take part in professional development and training.
Thank you Falcons and have a great weekend.
Your Partners in Education